Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Music » What song is playing in your head right now? (Page 202)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 254 pages: 1  2  3  ...  199  200  201  202  203  204  205  ...  252  253  254   
Author Topic: What song is playing in your head right now?
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pulse of the Maggots - Slipknot
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Panic
Hall Of Famer
Member # 21074

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Panic   Email Panic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bluetoelover:
Pulse of the Maggots - Slipknot

Love that Song!
Posts: 1555 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cain
The King Of Feet
Member # 8492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cain   Email Cain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Animal by Def Leppard

--------------------

Posts: 9303 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
The King Of Feet
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"One more time" by Daft Punk.

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cain
The King Of Feet
Member # 8492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cain   Email Cain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Redemption Song by Bob Marley

--------------------

Posts: 9303 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vanderfeeet
Hall Of Famer
Member # 8733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vanderfeeet   Email vanderfeeet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Sentimental" by Porcupine Tree

--------------------
vf

Posts: 1188 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bison4me
Major Player
Member # 21530

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bison4me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I apologize for the long post in advance, but my dad purchased one of those turn tables that allows you play a record and record it to mp3. And being the techie of the family, he called me over to help him out with it.

My dad has an extensive vinyl collection and for the first batch, he wanted to do his Motown section. I know it sounds weird as I'm probably part of the last generation (born in '74) that bought LPs and 45s out of the record store, but those records sounded awesome.

The crackling you heard just before the music kicks in was nostalgic and surprisingly enjoyable. It had been a while since my dad and I actually got enough time to sit down and shoot the shit for a while. But the enjoyment that came over his face as he would talk about the music over a Heineken was classic. I don't know if you guys know too much about Motown music, but although they had many different artists, they only had one house band who called themselves The Funk Brothers. The music you hear on any Motown record from the early 60's until the mid 70's was played by them. They were a multiracial group of musicians, Black, White, and Latino that combine their sounds to make really great music at a time when America wasn't really all that together.

My father grew up in North Carolina and took part in the marches and protests during that time, but he always points out that "White Boys and Gals were getting their heads cracked open protesting too, it wasn't just us you know. They were marching with us even in the South."

After protesting or doing sit-ins, my father talked about how everyone White and Black would go over to somebody's house and listen to some music, play cards, and smoke a joint or two. But he said it was always the music that broke the ice. And to this day I swear, when a Motown song comes on, it doesn't matter if It's Marvin Gaye, The Temptations, The Supremes, or Stevie Wonder, I see the same joy on everyone's face White, Black, Asian, or Latino. My father swears that Motown, Janis, Jimmy, The Fab Four, and The Stones did more for race relations than any Politician of that time ever could. That and a little herbal refreshment. :-)

Oh, and the song playing in my head is I Wish It Would Rain by The Temptations.

Posts: 190 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footjoyboy
The King Of Feet
Member # 26478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footjoyboy   Email footjoyboy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great story, Bison.
I have one of those turntables too, mine is an ION.(along wit my 5 regular turntables)
Remind your Dad that he can also use that turntable to put his tapes onto his hard drive as well.

Since you put me in a Motown mood, I'll go with...

MARVIN GAYE --- "Let's Get It On"

--------------------
https://pixady.com/image/0893/

Posts: 5992 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FtLckr26   Email FtLckr26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I love your smile" Can't remember who sings it, but its from the '90s. Someone's name on wu's made me remember that song.
Posts: 3359 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bison4me
Major Player
Member # 21530

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bison4me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey fgLckr26 thats by Shanice. And Footjoyboy, thanks for the heads up, I'll let him know. He was asking me if could do something similar with his Reel-to-Reel.

"Black Betty" - Ram Jam

Posts: 190 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cain
The King Of Feet
Member # 8492

Every Breath You Take by The Police

--------------------

FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FtLckr26   Email FtLckr26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Gone Til November" - Wyclef
Posts: 3359 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Panic
Hall Of Famer
Member # 21074

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Panic   Email Panic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Perfect Circle - "Gravity"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNkAo5llZQk

Posts: 1555 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Squid
Major Player
Member # 3518

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Squid   Author's Homepage   Email Squid   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You'll Never Find A Love Like Mine - Lou Rawls

--------------------
http://www.facebook.com/donniesquid http://www.myspace.com/squiddylicious

Posts: 197 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Panic
Hall Of Famer
Member # 21074

2+2=5 > Radiohead
  This topic comprises 254 pages: 1  2  3  ...  199  200  201  202  203  204  205  ...  252  253  254   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links