Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Any gamers in the house? (Page 8)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: Any gamers in the house?
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mystik:
You havent played Mario Sunshine!? That game is so much fun man, its one of Gamecubes Gems! Anyway, I own an Xbox and there are some people who do that mod and are able to play tons of emulated games for free...but I dunno. Seems kinda fishy to me.

Well, the thing with me and Mario is that in my head, Mario has yet to make that transition to 3D. Super Mario 3 is still my all-time favorite Mario game, with Yoshi's Island being a close second (not really Mario, since he's a baby on Yoshi's back, but you get the idea). I was disappointed with Mario on the Nintendo64, and I think that game put such a bad taste in my mouth that I'm reluctant to give 3D Mario another chance. That, and the idea of cleaning up vandalism for a whole game didn't appeal to me either. But if you say it's a good game, I'll have to give it a serious try. I think I can pick that up pretty cheap now too. One character that made the transition from 2D to 3D excellently is Sonic, IMHO. I've got Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 on my Dreamcast, but that Sonic Adventure Director's Cut on the Game Cube is starting to look pretty appealing too. [Smile]

You tried out Wario World yet? I'm telling you Bro, every minute that goes by without that game in your collection is a minute you could've been having some ass-kicking good times on your Game Cube. When I finish Billy Hatcher and Viewtiful Joe, I think I'm going to start a new game on it and try to finish it faster than the last one, with 100%. [Big Grin]

In what way do you mean fishy about that modded XBox? Fishy as in you don't think too highly of emulation, or fishy that you have yet to see the XBox play emulated games?

I'm not too keene on emulation either. Back when I had the money, I'd buy those super expensive Neo Geo carts to have them to play, even though the option to download a rom was always there. Same with the Turbo, if I can swing it, I'll plink down the big bucks on imports for that system to get those hard to find jewels. However, I can't bring myself to pay $200 for Dracula-X on that system, as much as I like Castlevania and the Turbo...

I don't have any scrupples about downloading arcade games that never got a home release though. There are a lot of games for arcades that aren't bringing the creators anymore money, and their efforts are being scattered to the winds of time. Games like the ones I mentioned earlier would've made good home games, but for some unknown reason they never got ported...

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yep, that's the one. The small screen does take a little getting used to, but it's really not that big of a deal. In my opinion, the graphics are a bit better than the originals. What I mean is, they are sharper, more crisp. Also, as I've said before, the backlighting on the GBA SP helps out immensely. As for the smaller joypad & buttons, that hasn't been a problem for me, & believe me, my hands are like big 'ol wookie paws!
[Laugh]

[Laugh] Thanks for the info, and I hear you about the wookie paws. Wasn't there a back-light kit you could buy for the original Gameboy Advance though? I may be wrong, but I remember something about that surfacing...

Tell you what Bro, do yourself a favor and buy Phantasy Star Collection for your Gameboy. If you like RPG's you'll love this game. Twenty measly bucks and it's got three big games on that one cart! Phantasy Star II is all-time favorite, and so deep it's not even funny. I could start talking about that game, but I'd be here all day. Part 1 is excellent too, even though it's so old, it's the game that got the series rolling, and was way ahead of it's time. Part 3 is a sleeper hit of sorts, but it's a game that lasts for generations of characters, and the characters you play depend on who the characters in previous generations marry. Pretty cool concept IMO, and it makes you want to go back and try to have different characters pair up to affect the future generations.

Maybe SP is the way to go. I'll try and get used to the smaller pad if the graphics look so much better. [Cool]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gs3647
All Pro Poster
Member # 2418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gs3647   Email gs3647   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a playstation in college, and I used to play it with my friends there all the time. I had mostly shooting games, which I mastered and beat all of my friends. I had games like Duke Nukem, 007, etc. Good times. One dude was in love with my PS, so wanted to buy it from me for a few hundred bucks, and I needed money, since I was in my last year of college, so I sold it and earned a considerable profit, which turned out to help.

--------------------
Elz is my favorite model, but it's a close race! Sasha, Candi, and Nikki come very close!

Posts: 652 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sasha
Hall Of Famer
Member # 1842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sasha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Which Mario World are you refering to? There's been a few on different platforms. If you're talking about Mario Sunshine or Paper Mario on the Game Cube, I don't own those and don't have a clue about them. Glad to hear you've almost got it whipped though.

Not sure what you mean....It just says Mario World on the box......Marios sitting in all this gold and jewels looking a little nuts
EXCELLENT................................

--------------------
Xoxoxo Sasha

essenceofsasha.com

You wanna play with my warm hosed feet. Don't you?

Posts: 2077 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lord
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2465

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the greatest console game ever made was a tie between Bond Golden Eye for N64 and Armored core for PS1.
Just my opinion.

Long live WU! [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
To get what you want. STOP doing what isn't working.

Posts: 1514 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Not sure what you mean....It just says Mario World on the box......Marios sitting in all this gold and jewels looking a little nuts
EXCELLENT................................

Sasha dear, I think you're talking about Wario World, not Mario World. Recheck the box if you would please, if "Mario" is wearing a yellow hat, it's not Mario, it's Wario. What you describe sounds almost exactly like the cover to Wario World, and that has quickly become an all-time favorite game for me. I played that game until I got 100% score on it, so I would love to discuss strategies with you on it. [Cool]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

mystik
All Pro Poster
Member # 1420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mystik   Email mystik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's kind of iffy, ya know? I've heard the mod is a little tad expensive, and of course theres the risk involved. Just seems kinda fishy to me..
Posts: 779 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
It's kind of iffy, ya know? I've heard the mod is a little tad expensive, and of course theres the risk involved. Just seems kinda fishy to me..

Oh, okay, that kind of fishy. Yeah, I know what you mean about expensive mod jobs, and the risk involved. About two years or so back, I had my Neo Geo modded so it could run a Phantom-1 convertor. I paid for the convertor, but my Neo Geo couldn't accept it, scrambled the games on it and all that. So I called the guy who sold me the convertor, and he said he'd mod my Neo Geo for free, so it could take the convertor, and allow dip-switch settings in it, all I'd have to pay for were the parts. I figured what the hell, and sent it off to him (he lives in Canada).

Needless to say I was nervous as hell for about a week and a half, because the Neo Geo is pretty much my "baby" when it comes to my game systems. I've been a proud owner of it since '91. Happy ending to the story though...I got the Neo Geo back, it could run the Phantom-1, plus I was able to unlock everything the bios chip was supposed to keep out. Blood spraying, boobs bouncing, bad language, all the things us Americans ain't supposed to see in Neo Geo games, I got 'em all. He even threw in a stereo output and s-video port for free.

That job went well, but I've heard horror stories of people getting their systems trashed by shoddy mod jobs. I'm thinking though, once the XBox drops in price, and if I can get in touch with a guy who does this stuff, I may gamble it. Not sure yet...probably get a Gameboy Advance first. [Cool]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

mystik
All Pro Poster
Member # 1420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mystik   Email mystik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man I just got a price on the DS... 149.99-199.99. Im pissed. The GBA started out at 99.99!!! How are they going to charge so much for this thing...thats what held me off buying the GBA, as I was waiting till Nov. for the DS to come out, but at that steep price I dont know anymore. God knows how much Sony's PSP is gonna cost...pretty soon the new systems will come out at 400 bucks a pop.
Posts: 779 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

[Eek!] You gotta be shitting me...That much for a hand-held? The last time I saw something like that happen was when NEC released a portable Turbo Grafx-16 at $200. The system was impressive as all hell, being as it actually played the same huCards as the home system, but nobody bought it. I didn't get it either, and I actually had the money to do it back then. I sure hope Nintendo will find a way to drop that price, or they may be sitting on a few warehouses worth of DS's in the near future...

I saw a commercial tonight for the SP, being $79.99. Damn tempting, let me tell you... [Cool]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

mystik
All Pro Poster
Member # 1420

Man I love the DS. LttP, Castlevania, Advance Wars, Golden Sun, Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy Tactics...why dont I own a GBA again?
Sasha
Hall Of Famer
Member # 1842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sasha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL......Ive had the game for 6 months now.Ive mastered it and never new the name........

Wario...Give me a frigin break..............

--------------------
Xoxoxo Sasha

essenceofsasha.com

You wanna play with my warm hosed feet. Don't you?

Posts: 2077 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Originally posted by Sasha:
LOL......Ive had the game for 6 months now.Ive mastered it and never new the name........

Wario...Give me a frigin break..............

[Laugh] That's alright, don't sweat it.

You mastered it? How many times did you have to play that last "platform level" to save the last (purple) Spriteling? I know I had to replay that damnable stage at least 15-20 times. Talk about wanting to hurl the controller, I came really close... [Mad] Still though, an excellent game. It will probably always be on my top five list when it comes to Game Cube games. [Cool]

Right now I'm trying to master Ikaruga. I don't know if you like shooters or not, but this game is a serious ass-kicker. Treasure, the guys responsible for Wario World, made Ikaruga, and it really shows. Harder than hell, yet even harder to stop playing. [Smile]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Man I love the DS. LttP, Castlevania, Advance Wars, Golden Sun, Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy Tactics...why dont I own a GBA again?

Huh? I may have misread something, but you're saying you've got a DS already? I didn't think they were going to come out until closer to Christmas...

I keep hoping I'll be able to snag a used Advance or SP for pretty cheap, preferably closer to the $40 mark. I know that probably sounds unrealistic, but I'm hopeful. I almost picked up a Gameboy Advance player for my Game Cube, but I've heard too many horror stories of the games looking washed out when transposed on a television screen. Still, the idea of playing new 2D Castlevania's on a home system is enticing... [Cool]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

mystik
All Pro Poster
Member # 1420

Err i meant SP. DS im still unsure about with that giant price...but the single largest library ever of videogames at youre fingertips is nice...
  This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links