Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Today is the Day (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Today is the Day
Cain
The King Of Feet
Member # 8492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cain   Email Cain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am hoping that it dethrones the Titanic for biggest movie maker... It at least has to pass Shrek 2 i mean come on it only has about 100 million to go to be that green ogre. Its at about 330 million right now... I think it will settle right around second place all time around 460-500 million

--------------------

Posts: 9303 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-cfg-
Hall Of Famer
Member # 13863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -cfg-   Email -cfg-   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope it dethrones Titanic as well. Not too sure it will happen though since Titanic had that whole chick appeal factor that The Dark Knight is lacking.
[Fingers Crossed]

--------------------
KLTPZYXM (kil-tip-ZEE-zim)

Posts: 1107 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footspy
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footspy   Author's Homepage   Email footspy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to the Associated Press, as listed in today's paper, The Dark Knight has made 314,245,000$ so far and it's only been out less than two weeks. I have no doubt it'll beat Titanic as the biggest earner of all-time if it can make this much money this quickly. It's already broken something like a dozen records. And -cfg- I don't think Titanic has the edge because of the "chick factor" because I've seen plenty of women going to see it both times I did.
Posts: 1750 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-cfg-
Hall Of Famer
Member # 13863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -cfg-   Email -cfg-   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by footspy:
According to the Associated Press, as listed in today's paper, The Dark Knight has made 314,245,000$ so far and it's only been out less than two weeks. I have no doubt it'll beat Titanic as the biggest earner of all-time if it can make this much money this quickly. It's already broken something like a dozen records. And -cfg- I don't think Titanic has the edge because of the "chick factor" because I've seen plenty of women going to see it both times I did.

Hope you're right amigo. Time will tell [Cheers]

--------------------

Posts: 1107 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cain
The King Of Feet
Member # 8492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cain   Email Cain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not sure what will happen but in recent times most movies have started out big and dwindled fast. I have no doubt The Knight will break the top five but that ship might not sink this time.... Hopefully it does though.

--------------------

Posts: 9303 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footspy
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footspy   Author's Homepage   Email footspy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cain:
I am not sure what will happen but in recent times most movies have started out big and dwindled fast. I have no doubt The Knight will break the top five but that ship might not sink this time.... Hopefully it does though.

Well I don't know about everywhere else but it's still selling out here. I went to see the new X-Files movie this afternoon and the 7PM IMAX showing of TDK was already sold out and there was a big line-up for one showing as I was going in to see the X-Files movie and as I was leaving there was a huge line-up outside the theatre for another TDK showing.
Posts: 1750 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footspy
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2112

The Dark Knight was number one at the box office again this weekend and is expected to hit $400 million by Monday or Tuesday which would make it the fastest movie to make that much. The current record was set by Shrek 2 and it took that film 43 days to get there.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080803/film_nm/boxoffice_dc

Cain
The King Of Feet
Member # 8492

I just saw it again on Imax last night. I took my 10 year old son and he loved it. Was one of the best movies he's ever seen he said. I can only agree with him.

--------------------

Eliza Durden
Hall Of Famer
Member # 22995

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eliza Durden   Author's Homepage   Email Eliza Durden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to see it. Batman is the only comic character I am even remotely interested in.
Posts: 1549 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cain
The King Of Feet
Member # 8492

Good call Eliza all though i do like Superman and Spiderman and basically all of them (except the Phantam aka Billy Zane) and by the way yes it did just pass $400 million Monday. It will easily coast into second place all time and maybe if they re-release it before oscars if it gets a nod maybe it will sink that ship once and for all.

--------------------

Qsblade
Loyal Member
Member # 30274

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Qsblade   Email Qsblade   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm gonna do a magic trick. I'm gonna make this pencil disappear! CLASSIC!! LOL
Posts: 93 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-cfg-
Hall Of Famer
Member # 13863

I was thinking the same thing about the re-release. That very well could it past the $600M mark. But I did read an article the other the day that said that in order to surpass Titanic in ticket sales (# of tickets, not $$$) TDK will have to do about $900M because of roughly a 50% increase in ticket prices since '97.

--------------------

Cain
The King Of Feet
Member # 8492

Yeah i know that inflation-adjusted figures shows that Star Wars: A New Hope (1977) would be at 1.12 billiob by today's standards also. Oh well at least we know it is a great movie and we were around to experience it.

--------------------

-cfg-
Hall Of Famer
Member # 13863

Hell yeah, I'm just glad you liked as much as I did, so that we can talk about how awesome it was :cheers:

--------------------

Cain
The King Of Feet
Member # 8492

Oh yeah anytime you want to chat about anything just send a PM to me or a message in the boards. My email i think is in my profile too if you ever want to send me a message. Always in search of fellow foot friends to chat with.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links