Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Sports/Wrestling/MMA » Combat sports....who likes 'em asides from myself? (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Combat sports....who likes 'em asides from myself?
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FtLckr26   Email FtLckr26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would be an awesome fight. I've been more of a fan of Nogueria so I going for him.
No way can this be their final fights, at least not for Nogueria. Didn't couture already have a scheduled fight with Fedor planned for this year around summertime? All they were waiting for was Couture to finish his contract with UFC which I believe was the Lesnar fight.

Posts: 3359 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FtLckr26   Email FtLckr26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shogun baby. Who watched Liddell get ko'd in the first round by Shogun?

Machida/Evans next month. Oh, man! Can't wait to see that. Got to go with Machida.

Wanderlei/Franklin in June. Damn, that is going to be better.

Posts: 3359 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Silva fight was disgusting. That he was unwilling to even try and take out a scared shitless punching bag like that and then tried to justify why afterwards just doesn't sit well with me. He's starting to turn into the MMA version of Roy Jones, Jr.
Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Drunk_24-7
The Legend
Member # 21781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drunk_24-7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lietes should have his purse withheld for that ridiculous display of non fighting. Chuck-Shogun was awesome. That loss could spell the end for Liddell but at the same time be just the shot in the arm of confidence Shogun needs to take a run at the title.

--------------------
I Love My Sweet Angel Shawna

http://Drunk24-7.tumblr.com/

Posts: 2854 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Liddell isn't done fighting. Maybe for the UFC but he'll get signed with Affliction. Maybe take some time off and realize he's not done. Looks as if Shogun might be fully recovered from his injuries. Hopefully he can get back to being the top ranked LHW like he once was or close to it.
mafeet
Board Regular
Member # 32220

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mafeet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lidell said in the post fight conference that it was likely his last fight. But we all know how it goes with atheletes and retirement (especially in mma/boxing).

Shogun looked great. I'd argue even better than his Pride days. His strikes had a snap like I've never seen. His wresteling was much improved as he was able to get Chuck down. But I think the key was his gameplan. Rather than playing to Liddells forte by landing a punch then chasing, he'd land a couple punches and back up or follow it with a kick, thus disrupting Liddell's rythm.

As for Anderson, he needs to fight Okami. Okami is far more deserving than Leites, has a bit of a history with Anderson as that was Andersons last loss (albeit via illegal upkick) and most important he will actually FIGHT! The inclusion of Wanderlei into the 185 division also sets up a promising/entertaining fight!

Posts: 12 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

I'm more disappointed with Lietes than with Silva. This was his title shot and he didn't want it. What the hell are you fighting for?
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know most guys here are MMA fans, and this has turned into a de jure MMA thread, but please tell me someone saw the Pacquiao/Hatton fight on Saturday. Manny Pacquiao is GOD. It was a vicious fight.
Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Drunk_24-7
The Legend
Member # 21781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drunk_24-7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pacman was increadable. His training and scouting was impecable, surpassed only by his execution. He just killed Ricky Hatton who is an awesome fighter and made it look easy. Fuck I hope they're able to put together a fight with Mayweather because Pacman is the man that will stop him.

Floyd is talking about comming back to fight Juan Manuel Marquez in the middle of the summer. Marquez had the two epics with Pacman where he got a draw in their first fight and lost a split decision in their second. Both fights were close and could have gone either way. They're planning on doing it at 145 which should give Mayweather the advantage he needs to win that fight which I hope he does so that it would set the stage for potentially the biggest fight of my lifetime so far if Mayweather and Pacman hook em up. Nothing would put boxing back to prominance like that fight, and nothing would get me back into it quicker than watching Manny tear apart Floyd Mayweather Jr.

--------------------

Posts: 2854 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

As a matter of fact, Mayweather/Marquez is official. July 18th, and the catch weight is 143. Don't count Marquez out though, he might be the one guy in the world who's as technically superb as Mayweather is. He's a considerable underdog though, Mayweather is bigger, faster, younger, and as intelligent.

Right now, I think Pacquiao's got the tools to beat Mayweather though. He can match the speed, hits much harder, and is a stamina machine. Mayweather can't expect to sit back and pot shot like he usually does. Pacquiao's gonna make him fight his ass off, and it's on Mayweather to keep up.

Drunk_24-7
The Legend
Member # 21781

Exactly. Marquez gave Pacman trouble with his technical ability but Pacquiao just kept comming and comming for two fights and that aggressiveness lead to knockdowns which proved to be the difference in gaining a draw out of a sure defeat in the first fight and scoring the win in the second fight for Manny.

Floyd is perhaps the only one who is as, or more technically perfect than Marquez. This fight between Marquez and Mayweather is a boxing purist's dream come true. I don't know how good a fight it'll end up being because both guys are so technical and so good defensively that it may be bit of a boring fight with Mayweather using the size he'll have to bully Marquez enough on the inside while landing the harder and more damaging power shots from the outside to take a unanamous decision.

Against Pacquiao I don't think he can do that. No matter what weight they fight at Pacman will not be bullied by Mayweather. Manny will be more than happy to slug with him as his combination of hand speed and power is going to be at a level Mayweather's never had to deal with. Pacquiao's hands are just as quick or quicker than Floyd's and dispite being the smaller man Manny hits much harder than Mayweather does. When it comes to footwork and head movement Mayweather will have an advantage there but being the smaller man will give Pac the added bit of quickness he'll need to make up for what he lacks in head movement and footwork. Pacquiao is also the only guy on the planet I think that can match Floyd's increadable conditioning. Maybe he can't completely match it as some of the things Floyd does in training is almost in human, but Pacquiao is the one guy who's cardio is good enough to push the pace for a 15 round fight against Floyd Mayweather in a bout that will only be scheduled for 12 which will be sufficiant.

The other factor is how much both guys pride themselves on their legacy and how bad they'll wanna silence their doubters and become the undisputed pound for pound king of their generation while simultaniously grabbing a spot in the top 1-5 in all of history in that same catagory. That's where I think Manny will have an edge.

While Mayweather's built his undeafeated record with a number of impressive performances, he's never faced anyone as good as Manny. At super featherweight his destruction of Manfredy put him on the map but he got what was in my opinion a gift decision in the first Castillo fight and the second one was alot closer than the judges had it. After those two classics he pretty much decided to stop taking chances and begin doing a better job of stating his his case as the best pound for pound fighter ever with his mouth than with his fists. I would go as far as to say he's padded his record by beating up the over rated Zab Judah and Carlos Baldomir and taking on big names when past their prime. Arturo Gatti's as game as anyone whose ever stepped into a ring but he was way past his prime and nowhere near at the skill level of a Floyd Mayweather when the pretty boy put on a clinic against him. Oscar was also past his prime but still managed to push Floyd the distance and almost score the upset.

He had a great and impressive performance against Hatton in his last fight so I can't take anything away from him on that one other than to mention that it only took Pacman 8 rounds to dominate Oscar like he'd never been dominated before and only 2 rounds to do to Hatton what it took Floyd 10 rounds to accomplish in what was probably Mayweather's best performance ever. Marquez definatly has a chance of beating Mayweather but I think his chances would be alot better if the fight were at 135 instead of 145. In typical Mayweather fashion he's got Marquez moving out of his comfort zone and into a situation where Mayweather will have an advantage. I hope he does capitalize on that advantage and win that fight as long as he goes on to fight Pacquiao and doesn't jump back into retirement. I want Manny to be the guy that shuts Mayweather up and knocks him the fuck out.

While Mayweather's been telling the world how great he is, Manny's been in the trenches winning a series of wars over fellow warriors Barrera, Morales & Márquez in a much more competitive Super Featherweight division than Floyd was fighting in before making the jump to lightweight where he crushed David Diaz and then went to welterweight where he dominated De La Hoya and Hatton in his best two performances yet. The culmination and reward for all those early wars and the payoff and prestige for all the hard work that went into being as awesome as he was in his last three fights would all finally reach it's apex if he was able to be the man that beats Floyd Mayweather and ends any dispute as to who is the greatest fighter of this generation.

Floyd will want it just as bad, there's no doubt he'll train harder than he's ever trained before and I think he'll come into the fight ready to be at the best he's ever been, but I don't think that he's the warrior that Manny Pacquiao is and that'll hopefully be the difference if this dream fight ever goes down. I think Floyd'll be right in the fight if not winning it for the first half to three quarters of the battle but when the 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th rounds roll around and Pacquiao hasn't gone away, slowed down, or stopped hitting him harder and more often than he's used to being hit, Mayweather will fold under the Pacmans pressure and end up getting knocked down a couple of times late, hopefully even knocked out. If Mayweather beats Marquez looks good doing it and Pacquiao can get Mayweather to lay it on the line and accept a fight with him, I simply think Manny will refuse to be denied the glory that would come with winning that dream fight.

--------------------

Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

I'm telling you right now, if Mayweather tries to run, potshot, and generally try to stink the fight out, he's going to lose. Part of the reason Morales and Marquez had success against Pacquiao is because they stayed in the pocket and counter punched effectively, then went on the offensive themselves, in effect, being willing to go to war with Pacquiao. I don't know if Mayweather's willing to do that with someone who's as dangerous a puncher as Manny is.
Drunk_24-7
The Legend
Member # 21781

Machida knocked Evans the fuck out last night in one of the most technically sound and perfectly executed beatings of all time. It'll be intresting to see how he matches up with Rampage. I don't think Rampage will be able to hit him standing up, Machida's too elusive. Jackson may be able to smother him against the cage and get him down from the clinch. That'll be his only chance to get him down and look for ground and pound. In the standup Machida would make him look silly and pick him apart. Outside of Rampage I can't see anyone else having much of a chance at all against him, and I think he'll probably beat Jackson too. Last night's performance by Machida was amazing to witness and I think it ended the game of pass the title that was taking place at 205 as Machida looks like the guy that could hang on to that belt for quite some time and establish a serious 205 pound presance in the best pound 4 pound catagory where Fedor, Silva and St. Pierre get most of the attention. Machida's karate skills, elusive ninja like speed and style combined with his new found power looks like big trouble for anyone who crosses his path. What a performance by Loyoto Machida.

-

Comeon Rashad, Get up and dance!

-

Knockout couldn't have happened to a nicer guy either. I dispised Rashad Evans from day one and couldn't wait to see someone finally flatten him. I figured Machida'd win the fight but by decision. I thought Rampage would be the one to knock him out but Machida delivered big time and you could not have asked for a more devistating or awesome knockout than the one Machida put on Evans!

Hughes got the decision in his grudge match with Serra but it was a hell of alot closer than I thought it would be. The judges had it 29-28 across the board for Hughes but prior to the decision I thought Serra may have done enough to steal the third round with a late takedown and agressive attempt to finish to the end of the fight. Serra won the first round, Hughes won the second and was controlling most of the third but Serra turned it on toward the end to make it very close. I can't really argue with the decision as it was extremely close, Hughes probably did enough to earn the win but I gotta give Serra credit for his effort as I thought he was going to get murdered and he hung tough and really had Hughes rocked in the first round although alot of it may have been due to an accidental headbutt he landed as he hit Hughes with a great body shot. That fight was a way better than I expected.

--------------------

FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

I think Serra should have one that fight. When Hughes was on top, he did nothing. Serra did nothing also when Hughes was on top in the 2nd, but in the 3rd, when Serra was on the bottom, he had a couple sub attemps, and got the take down in the end.

But, Machida. I love this guy. I like Rashad, but I think I love Machida because he's a traditional martial artist. I love his Karate style, which nobody uses in mma anymore. When I see him fight, I see the same techniques we use in taekwondo which shows how effective it is against fighters.

FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

What happened with Pat Barry? Whooped ass until he went to the ground. Dude is one of the best K-1 fighters and I want to see him move up in the UFC. Guess he'll spend the majority of his off time working on his ground game.
  This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  13  14  15   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links