Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Complimenting Women (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Complimenting Women
RPM
The King Of Feet
Member # 2895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RPM   Author's Homepage   Email RPM   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i do make compliments... more in the past then present. however.. one thing i've learned.. GQ points it well..... be cool.. be conversational... be confident but not cocky... and slip it in smoothly. those compliments tend to work very well.

if you're starting out with a compliment, tie it more to humor. example....."the price gals pay for beauty is ridiculous... why isn't your man giving you a footmassage" make sure you're smiling and not staring at her feet, but into her eyes (in a non-creepy way)... and sorta chuckle. (this has worked for me when a gal was massaging her own feet after wearing heels)..

her reply... 'you'd think i'd learn by now'. two which i laughed and said.... well, thanks for making my visual scenery so pretty, just hope next time it doesn't hurt so bad and i can pass the compliment while you're wearing your heels so it's more appropriate.... she replied.. you're original, i like that. smiled and i moved on.

ok, not the best example.. but humor really helps break the ice.

however.. not all women are that open. so... pick and choose wisely. and well done, can be an opener to great friendships. (the one pic i posted a while back.. that is how my friendship took off... a compliment on her toes)

RPM

--------------------
the higher the better the heel.
www.highheeledwomen.phpbbserver.com/

Posts: 6113 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cuddle_Kittens
Loyal Member
Member # 26273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cuddle_Kittens   Author's Homepage   Email Cuddle_Kittens   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a woman, I love getting compliments - but how I react to a compliment depends on a lot of things.

If I'm just out and about and someone stops me to compliment whatever it is, I thank them and carry on ...I mean, it's great to get a compliment and it really makes my day, but I figure that's the most of it - they just wanted to tell me they noticed something about me. And to me, a compliment on my feet is no different than a compliment on any other part of my body - and honestly one of the most least threatening body parts someone could mention they noticed!

If I'm out at a bar/nightclub or similar situation, and a guy approaches me, I do one of three things - if I think he would be someone worth talking to, then I'll say thanks and engage in conversation 'flirtingly' (is that a word?)... If he's not my type, I say thanks and turn away (hoping he gets the idea and goes away). Or, if he's a total jerk about it, I'll give him my 'look' and roll my eyes and simply walk away.

Now, if I'm behind a bar serving drinks, any compliment from any guy is going to be welcomed with some flirting on my part...unless the guy is a total jerk - in that case I'll make someone else wait on him for the rest of the night!

So personally, as a woman, I say compliment away - but be polite and as non-creepy as possible. Try to say it without a sexual overtone too. If you say 'nice feet' to someone while rubbing your crotch or making rude gestures - youre not going to be taken seriously. [Hump]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 96 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foot Lover Of London
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foot Lover Of London   Email Foot Lover Of London   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cuddle_Kittens:
If you say 'nice feet' to someone while rubbing your crotch or making rude gestures - youre not going to be taken seriously. [Hump]

[Thumbs Up] [Laugh]

All that is required is a little respect

Posts: 1395 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RPM
The King Of Feet
Member # 2895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RPM   Author's Homepage   Email RPM   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cuddles, well said. and nice avatar too [Wink]

RPM

--------------------
the higher the better the heel.
www.highheeledwomen.phpbbserver.com/

Posts: 6113 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mommie
The Legend
Member # 18340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mommie   Author's Homepage   Email Mommie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MC Nolan:
Thanks MD your words are most enlightening. I can imagine with all the demands on being "beautiful" these days women appreciate a compliment.

Thanks back at you.

I agree with how everyone here looks at their approach. Honestly it all boils down ultimately to the persons involved, timing and setting you are in.

I am sticking with the honest approach from guys on expressing themselves. Why hide what you love?

--------------------
"Though she be but little, she is fierce!" ~ William Shakespeare

-
http://instagram.com/som3thingwick3d/

Posts: 3935 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dougiezerts
The Legend
Member # 6829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dougiezerts   Email dougiezerts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've only complimented a total stranger once.
I was in an office supply store, and the girl behind the counter had her shoes off. I started off saying, "Uncomfortable shoes?" in a joking way. She said that she prefered to have them off. Feeling brave, I then said, "You look cute, barefooted!" She smiled and said, "Thank you, sweetie!"
I suppose it could've turned out bad, but it didn't.
Oh, and thanks for adding your thoughts on this issue, ladies!

--------------------
"You have very nice feet!"

Posts: 3712 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A&F_FootDude_05
The King Of Feet
Member # 2999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A&F_FootDude_05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's cool, douglezerts! This forum has made me comfortable enough that I know if an opportunity presents itself, I can see myself complimenting a stranger on her feet if the situation may see fit.

--------------------
If feet are your bottom line, you're gonna get trampled...if women are your bottom line, you're gonna get lovestruck!

~A&F~
Free Image Hosting

Posts: 6117 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fate111
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2627

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fate111   Email Fate111   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GQguy:
I rarely ever compliment a woman on something physical when I first meet her. I'm more apt to tease her than anything else. Once we've gotten physical or I know she's more attracted to me than I am to her, then i'll compliment her on her beauty. Otherwise the only compliments i'd give her are on how she meets my standards. My attitude is more, beauty is a prerequisite, now lets talk to her to see whats she's really about. A woman can't help her genes, but everything else is based on her character and worth admiring...in strict moderation.

Again, GQ hits the nail on the head, IMO.

It's important, from a guy's perspective, to put yourself in a position of being a good looking woman. Good looking women get guys wanting to kiss up to them all the time and, let's face it guys, most of us think that the way to start a conversation with a woman is by giving them a compliment on their physical appearance so that we come off looking like a "nice guy".

As guys, I'm sure most of us don't get bombarded with compliments about our physical appearance from women we don't know. I'm sure that if any guys have, they probably appreciated it because it happens so rarely. However, what would happen if you began getting compliments from women you don't know about your physical appearance all the time? I think you'll all agree that it would get old after awhile and that you would, eventually, begin filtering them all out because you'd get so used to it. Essentially, that is what a good looking woman does. She is so used to getting compliments from guys she doesn't know that it becomes rather boring and, in some cases, creepy, depending on the delivery of said compliment. Let's face it, you don't know her and she doesn't know you. To have someone compliment her on her physical becauty is something she's not going to put much stake in because she has heard it so many times in one way, shape or form.

Guys today, when it comes to wanting a girlfriend, make women prequalify them instead of the other way around. Beauty is quite commonplace and can be seen all around us. As GQ said, beauty is in the genes and, in most cases, it's a given because it can be seen. However, guys should prequalify women by what women are about on the inside and make the determination whether or not a woman is dating material by that and not by just physical appearance alone. Compliments are really only effective if they're not given that often by you as an individual to a woman and if you already know a woman to some degree.

--------------------
"I like feet... A lot!"

Posts: 2167 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MC Nolan
Hall Of Famer
Member # 20527

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MC Nolan   Email MC Nolan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pedactor your quote is awesome.

--------------------
Matt C. Nolan

Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mommie Dearest:

I can say this though - from a chick's side - COMPLIMENT!! Most women eat that shit up - but don't be creepy about it. Say it in passing. [Wink]

yes they "eat it up" for all the reasons that don't benefit the guy, they just love the attention [Cry]

no offense but I've learned the hard way that women don't give good advice on how to "win over" other women

you will never hear a woman say "I like guys that show me ZERO respect" yet many women are with guys just like that

compliments will not make a girl sexually interested in you, they only work if the interest is already there and in that case you still can't overdo them or else she will start to think she is better than you

no chick does anything with a guy that she feels is beneath her

--------------------
quote:
----------------------------------
posted by Andy - Laa:
my posts in this thread are not as good as Michael P's

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mommie
The Legend
Member # 18340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mommie   Author's Homepage   Email Mommie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mighty Mike:
quote:

I can say this though - from a chick's side - COMPLIMENT!! Most women eat that shit up - but don't be creepy about it. Say it in passing. [Wink]

yes they "eat it up" for all the reasons that don't benefit the guy, they just love the attention [Cry]

True! - yet what is wrong with still giving a compliment?

no offense ( none taken )but I've learned the hard way that women don't give good advice on how to "win over" other women

correction - SOME WOMEN DONT GIVE GOOD ADVICE! - that doesnt mean all of us suck at it!

you will never hear a woman say "I like guys that show me ZERO respect" yet many women are with guys just like that

How is respectfully giving a compliment on feet a sign of ZERO respect? *girl scratches head*

compliments will not make a girl sexually interested in you, they only work if the interest is already there and in that case you still can't overdo them or else she will start to think she is better than you

So - complimenting is ALL about getting her in the sack then? (that sucks)

Nor would a guy do anything with a guy HE felt was below HIM ...

--------------------
"Though she be but little, she is fierce!" ~ William Shakespeare

-
http://instagram.com/som3thingwick3d/

Posts: 3935 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeadGoon
All Pro Poster
Member # 24278

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeadGoon   Email DeadGoon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus hell. I'm so happy I'm a loner. Trying to get a woman seems like more work than it's worth.
Posts: 962 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

True! - yet what is wrong with still giving a compliment?

no offense ( none taken )but I've learned the hard way that women don't give good advice on how to "win over" other women

correction - SOME WOMEN DONT GIVE GOOD ADVICE! - that doesnt mean all of us suck at it!

How is respectfully giving a compliment on feet a sign of ZERO respect? *girl scratches head*

So - complimenting is ALL about getting her in the sack then? (that sucks)

Nor would a guy do anything with a guy HE felt was below HIM ...

why boost a girl's ego if it does nothing in return for the guy, if not hurt his chances of getting with her?

I've found that most women do suck at giving advice for getting girls, like I said you will never hear a girl tell a guy friend to "tease her about the way she talks,dresses, or acts" yet many of the most successful guys do this [Big Grin]

it's like matthew broderick said in ferris bueller's day off, "nobody respects a person that kisses their ass, it just doesn't work that way" [Smile]

I never said complimenting a girl's feet is a sign of giving no respect, you misunderstood what i wrote. What I mean is more women or more likely to go to bed with a guy that teases their feet in a playful way than a guy that tells her she has the best feet in the world. Truly great looking women have heard it all, compliments will not make them like you more. I know it doesn't make sense but since when do women make sense? [Wink]

and yeah complimenting or anything a guy does around a pretty girl is all about getting a girl in the sack, did you really think he cares about what she does for fun, her thoughts on the world or any of that boring stuff? [Laugh]

complimenting a girl can make the girl believe that the guy is beneath her, teasing her in a playful way takes her off her pedestal and can build attraction

--------------------
quote:
posted by Andy - Laa:

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

quote:
Originally posted by DeadGoon:
Trying to get a woman seems like more work than it's worth.

I'm convinced that it is [Laugh]

never ever work to win over one particular girl, there are far too many in the world

if a girl doesn't like me right off the bat I forget about her

--------------------
quote:
posted by Andy - Laa:

DeadGoon
All Pro Poster
Member # 24278

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeadGoon   Email DeadGoon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DeadGoon:
Trying to get a woman seems like more work than it's worth.

I'm convinced that it is [Laugh]

never ever work to win over one particular girl, there are far too many in the world

if a girl doesn't like me right off the bat I forget about her

Well yeah that's simply I how I feel. I think the difference between me and people like GQguy is to what degree we like women.

Don't get me wrong, I like them in my own way, but not to the extent I have to play games and act like someone I'm not just to get them.

If I REALLY want something, have a STRONG desire for it, I usually work out a way to persue it, so in that way, if I liked women enough, I'd probably play the same games as guys with the "conquering women" mentality.

Posts: 962 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links