Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Ever wonder why............. (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Ever wonder why.............
A&F_FootDude_05
The King Of Feet
Member # 2999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A&F_FootDude_05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Mike:
being barefoot is a sign of being relaxed and comfortable

it has NOTHING to do with a foot fetish

My immediate thought when I read the opening thread.

--------------------
If feet are your bottom line, you're gonna get trampled...if women are your bottom line, you're gonna get lovestruck!

~A&F~
Free Image Hosting

Posts: 6117 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe you're right. One of us might be up there up in the advertising ring.

Whatever it is, I'd like to see alot more of it as my eyes are fixed to commercials/infomercials like that...

OOOOOHHHHH Windsor Pilates [Mmm] .. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footntoesmassager
Elite Trooper
Member # 12132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footntoesmassager   Email footntoesmassager   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I'd agree that barefeet looks like relaxation, kicking off your shoes and putting your feet up on the couch after a long day.

I would think a woman being barefoot on a commercial can also mean freedom...like the freedom from the 9-5 work day in painful heels or what have you.

There's also the aura of beauty or cleanliness, as in a woman who is warm and beautiful from head to toe.

--------------------
Feet: Power and beauty combined

Posts: 474 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mona:
i think it also might make some consumers have a bad reaction to see shoes on a couch.it would make some people twitch lol.

yes that's a good point

--------------------
quote:
----------------------------------
posted by Andy - Laa:
my posts in this thread are not as good as Michael P's

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom Uz
Loyal Member
Member # 12166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Uz   Email Tom Uz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that people in advertising, in order to get where they are, must be very smart and very driven. They know a lot of things about a lot of things. And they have to get maximum effectiveness in 15 or 30 seconds. So if they think something will appeal to some people in one way and others in another that's great.
The woman shoeless on the couch might mean to a woman "wouldn't it be nice to be comfortable like that" and to a guy, "if she's comfortable like that maybe I can get her in the mood for sex". And if some husbands are thinking " if she sits on the couch like that I can stare at her feet", well that doesn't hurt the sofa store either.

Posts: 76 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom Uz
Loyal Member
Member # 12166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Uz   Email Tom Uz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's another idea. It's a pathway, a progress bar, from the outside world to the bed at night. Somewhere along the line the shoes come off. Then the socks or the panty hose. The sooner you get to that stage the more time you have to work towards a score at the other end of the field.
"you are getting sleepy"
"you are getting horny"
"don't you see how you"
"need"
"this"
"sofa" (or carpet, or dishwasher or whatever)

Posts: 76 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mighty Mike has it right. In ads which are directed at females that are trying to portray the model as comfortable/relaxed/secure, she will be shown barefoot. There has been some evolution in this as barefoot women, many decades ago, were seen as sexually available or vulnerable. I'll skip the lengthy discussion and just go to the last page of what could have become a treatise to say that more recent depictions of barefoot women usually are meant to convey not just availability but sexual command with less emphasis on vulnerability.

Neil Young stressed that "Rust Never Sleeps". He might have changed his thought if he ever saw the meeting room in a Marketing company.

Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FooTboY088.
Major Player
Member # 22983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FooTboY088.   Email FooTboY088.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good point...could be too attract more attention to the commercial.. =)

--------------------
Man That Troika - Gears of War.

Posts: 192 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links